Modifications and new dates confirmed for select events held on the Island of Hawai‘i and O‘ahu
HONOLULU, HI (September 3, 2021)—For its Eleventh Annual Festival this fall, Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival (HFWF) announces new dates and modified formats for select events prioritizing the health and safety of guests and participants. These changes—including reservation requirements and seated events—are based on the latest guidance from health and government officials to ensure a safe and memorable Festival experience. Updates to the 2021 event schedule include the below. Reservations and ticket sales are open.
- Pele & Poli‘ahu on October 1 at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel will be a seated collaboration dinner format.
- Hawaiian Airlines Presents Sweet & Savory on October 17 at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa will be a seated brunch.
- The Art of Food & Wine is rescheduled for October 17 and moved to The Original Roy’s Hawaii Kai.
- First Hawaiian Bank Presents Kanpai! at ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach is rescheduled for November 11.
- Yo Mama Can Cook! at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort is rescheduled for November 12.
- Saks Fifth Avenue Presents Halekulani Gala Caviar, Pearls and Aphrodisiacs at Halekulani is rescheduled for November 14.
- 24th Annual Roy Yamaguchi Golf Classic at Kā‘anapali Golf Course and Roy’s Kaanapali is rescheduled to December 10 & 11. For further information, please contact Aya Leslie at email@example.com.
HFWF21 Chef Collaboration Dinners held in restaurants will move forward as scheduled. These seated, reservation-style dinners currently fall within the guidance for restaurants.
“The wellbeing of our guests and participants remains our top priority. Though this year’s events have been modified for safety, the spirit and mission of the Festival remain the same,” said Denise Yamaguchi, chief executive officer of the Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival. “We continue to pivot to showcase Hawai‘i’s culinary excellence and find creative ways to continue to support our local businesses and industries during these challenging times.”
To minimize any inconvenience that may result from these changes, HFWF offers current ticket holders three options:
- Ticket(s) may be transferred to new event date(s). Current ticket holders will receive further instructions from HFWF. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
- Exchange current ticket(s) for credit to be applied to select HFWF21 Chef Collaboration Dinners in October or November. Tickets based on availability.
- A full refund for ticket purchase or the opportunity to contribute a donation to HFWF which goes to support the agricultural, culinary and hospitality industries in Hawaii.
*Ticket holders must email email@example.com by September 15, 2021 to make any adjustments to their current purchase.
Please visit www.HFWF.me and see individual event pages for further updates and to purchase tickets. Stay connected with the Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival and follow HFWF on Twitter/Instagram @HIFoodWineFest and Facebook @HawaiiFoodandWineFestival. #HFWF21
ABOUT HAWAI‘I FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL. The Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival is the premier epicurean destination event in the Pacific. The Festival features a roster of more than 150 internationally renowned master chefs, culinary personalities, sommeliers, mixologists, and wine and spirit producers. Co-founded by two of Hawai‘i’s own James Beard Award-winning chefs, Roy Yamaguchi and Alan Wong, the Festival showcases culinary experiences, wine tastings, cultural engagement and exclusive dining opportunities with dishes highlighting the State’s bounty of fresh, local produce, seafood, beef, poultry and spices. Since 2011, the Festival has given over $3 million to support local beneficiaries committed to culinary and agricultural education, sustainability and cultural programs in Hawai‘i.