CALLING ALL CULINARY SUPERSTARS!
Submit your original recipe by September 30, 2021 for a chance to win:
First Place – Culinary Kit valued at $300
Second Place – Culinary Kit valued at $200
Third Place – Culinary Kit valued at $100
First Place – $300 scholarship
Second Place – $200 scholarship
Third Place – $100 scholarship
The Hawaii Gas Presents Localicious® Recipe Contest is a fun cooking competition where kids compete by submitting an original recipe using a locally-grown, raised or caught product, bonus points for using fresh Dole pineapple fruit! A panel of judges review the recipes and select the top three (3) recipes from two grade categories: Grades 4-8 and 9-12. The six (6) finalists will be invited to cook live in front of three celebrity chef judges as part of the HMAA Presents Keiki in the Kitchen® weekend on Saturday, October 30.
Recipe must include at least one locally-grown, caught or raised ingredient.
- Dish must be an ORIGINAL recipe — we want your own creative dish, not one from a published source
- Dish must be SIMPLE — maximum of 10 ingredients and 10 steps
- Be HEALTHY — vegetables, fruits, whole grains and/or lean proteins must make up at least half of the recipe
- Be DELICIOUS — keep it fresh, simple and yummy
- Be AFFORDABLE — no fancy ingredients needed
- Be MEANINGFUL — tell us the story of how you came up with your dish
- Optional — include fresh Dole pineapple fruit in original recipe
Submissions will be accepted through this online entry form between August 20 through September 30, 2021. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Submission form can be downloaded HERE and:
- Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2021 by 11:59 PM HST.
- Mailed to (must be received by September 30, 2021)
Hawaii Food & Wine Festival
Localicious Recipe Contest
3538 Waialae Ave. #202
Honolulu, HI 96816