RECIPE SUBMISSIONS ARE
NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.
Six (6) finalists will be notified via email no later than October 1, 2020.
The six (6) finalists will be asked to submit a three to four minute video showcasing their skills in the kitchen, presentation flare and the final dish. Celebrity judges will review the videos and determine the winners in each age category.
CALLING ALL CULINARY SUPERSTARS!
Submit your original recipe by September 21, 2020 for a chance to win:
First Place – Williams Sonoma Junior Chef 5-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
Second Place – Williams Sonoma Junior Chef 3-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
Third Place – Hydroponic herb kit
First Place – $300 scholarship
Second Place – $200 scholarship
Third Place – $100 scholarship
A surprise prize will be given to the winner of the People’s Choice Award!
The Hawaii Gas Presents Localicious® Recipe & Video Contest is a fun cooking competition where kids compete by submitting an original recipe using a locally-grown, raised or caught product. A panel of judges review the recipes and select the top three (3) recipes from two grade categories: Grades 4-8 and 9-12. The six (6) finalists will be invited to submit a three to four minute video showcasing their skills in the kitchen, presentation flare and the final dish. Celebrity chef judges will review the videos and determine the winners in each age category.
Winners will be announced at a live virtual event on October 31, 2020 with celebrity chef judges, Adam Richman, Roy Yamaguchi and more to be announced.
Recipe must include at least one locally-grown, caught or raised ingredient.
- Dish must be an ORIGINAL recipe — we want your own creative dish, not one from a published source.
- Dish must be SIMPLE — maximum of 10 ingredients and 10 steps.
- Be HEALTHY — vegetables, fruits, whole grains and/or lean proteins must make up at least half of the recipe.
- Be DELICIOUS — keep it fresh, simple and yummy.
- Be AFFORDABLE — no fancy ingredients needed.
- Be MEANINGFUL — tell us the story of how you came up with your dish.
Click here for Official Rules.
Submissions will be accepted through this online entry form between August 24 through September 21, 2020. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Entries can also be:
- Emailed to: email@example.com by September 21, 2020 by 11:59 PM HST.
- Mailed to (must be postmarked by September 21, 2020)
Hawaii Food and Wine Festival
Localicious Recipe & Video Contest
3538 Waialae Ave. #202
Honolulu, HI 96816