Thank you for your order!
Thank you for registering for HMAA Presents Keiki in the Kitchen®: Decorate with Rosanna Pansino on Sunday, October 31, 2021.
All attendees must purchase and make their own cupcakes and frosting bags before the start of the event. Please see below for a shopping list, tools needed and prep instructions.
Please contact Cassidy Apo if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 box Duncan Hines® or Betty Crocker® mix. Purchase one box of Yellow Cake or Chocolate OR one of each.
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 4 – 12” piping bag kit with decorating tips (recommended: Wilton brand piping bag with tips:)
- Twist ties for piping bags
- 12 ounces Duncan Hines® or Betty Crocker® white frosting
- For narwhal cupcakes, use blue or green frosting instead (blue/green food coloring can also be added to white frosting)
For “At Home” ticket purchasers ONLY:
- 5 ounces of rainbow sprinkles (recommended: Cake Make Unicorn Love Sprinkles)
- Candy unicorn ears (recommended substitutes: candy corn or similar)
- Candy unicorn horns (recommended substitutes: Betty Crocker® Swirl Candles) or similar)
- Cupcake liners (gold if available)
- 3 small containers for cupcake decorations
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer with whipping attachment OR whisk
- 2 large cupcake pans
- 1 ice cream scooper (alternative: large spoon)
- Wide mouth mason jar or drinking glass
MAKE AHEAD OF THE EVENT
Make sure to bake your cupcakes and pre-fill your piping bags PRIOR to the event’s start time.
Perfect cupcakes from a box
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 box Duncan Hines® or Betty Crocker® mix* (vanilla or chocolate OR one of each!)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup of water
- Cupcake liners
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water using an electric mixer or whisk on low for one minute. Scrape sides of bowl placing excess cupcake mix back into the bowl, then mix on high for one minute.
- Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners, filling each two thirds full.
- TIP: Use an ice cream scoop, filled halfway for a clean and consistent way to fill the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool completely.
Pre-fill topping containers
Pre-fill three small containers with cupcake toppings (candles/Unicorn horns, sprinkles and candy ears), set aside until start of cupcake decorating event.
Pre-fill piping bags with frosting
Pre-fill two piping bags with white frosting. Keep chilled in fridge until start of cupcake decorating.
To make blue or green frosting: mix blue or green food coloring in to the white frosting before filling the piping bag
How to Pre-fill piping bags:
- Take wide mouth mason jar and place on counter.
- Place piping bag in the mason jar and fold down the piping bag over the lip of the mason jar making a cuff around jar.
- Take your spatula and spoon frosting into the piping bag. Fill piping bag up to 2/3 full.
- Unfold the cuff, push the icing all the way down, and twist the bag where the icing ends.
- Take your twist tie and secure the bag closed where the twist ends closest to the frosting.
- Ta-da! You are ready to decorate!
MAUNA LOA MACADAMIA NUT WHITE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE RECIPE
- Heat safe bowl
- Microwave or stove top
- Plastic wrap
For the truffle:
- 1 cup white chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Mauna Loa macadamia nuts
For the decorations:
- ½ cup white chocolate
- Candy eyes
- Halloween sprinkles
- Add white chocolate, heavy cream, and butter to a heat safe bowl. Heat in 15-30 second intervals on defrost until the white chocolate begins to melt. Stir between each heating. You can also melt the chocolate on the stovetop by placing the bowl over a pot of simmering water, being sure not to let the water touch the bowl.
- Once the white chocolate has completely melted add in vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add macadamia nuts to a zip top bag and seal. Using a heavy bottom cup or rolling pin, crush the nuts into small bite sized pieces. You can also blend in a food processor or blender.
- Add crushed macadamia nuts to the white chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap or the plastic wrap alternative of your choice and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once the white chocolate has set, remove from the refrigerator. Scoop about a tablespoon of the white chocolate mixture and roll into a ball. Set on a cookie sheet. If your mixture is still soft you can place it back in the refrigerator to chill until ready to decorate. Continue with the remainder of the white chocolate.
- Mummy decoration option: Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Dip white chocolate truffles into the melted white chocolate to create a coating. Drizzle white chocolate over the truffle to create a mummy effect. Add candy eyes. Place on a cookie sheet to harden and ENJOY!
- Halloween sprinkles options: Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Dip white chocolate truffles into the melted white chocolate to create a coating. Sprinkle Halloween sprinkles on truffles while chocolate is still wet. Place on a cookie sheet to harden and ENJOY!