HFWF21 SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
Terms & Conditions:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Hawaii Food & Wine Festival Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (“Territory”) and age 21 or older at time of entry collection. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, or their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies; or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win; nor members of their households or immediate families (defined as parent, child, siblings and the spouses of each). Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: Hawaii Food & Wine Festival, 3538 Waialae Ave. #202, Honolulu, HI 96816 and Hawaiian Airlines, P.O. Box 30008, Honolulu, HI 96820.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Hawaii Food & Wine Festival, 3538 Waialae Ave. #202, Honolulu, HI 96816 whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit: www.HFWF.me/HFWF21-Sweeps and follow all online instructions to submit the Sweepstakes entry form (“Entry”) located on the website. All Entries must be received between 12:00 A.M. Hawaii Standard Time (“HST”) on July 1, 2021 and 11:59 P.M. HST on July 15, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Limit: one (1) Entry per person/email address per day. All Entries and requests become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Administrator if you change your email address (“Address”).
- LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. HST, July 15, 2021. Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Address per day (regardless of method of Entry or whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 6 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods effecting Entry is prohibited. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections, telephone or cell phone text messaging availability or accessibility; miscommunications; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; failed phone, computer hardware or software or text message malfunctions, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email or cell phone accounts to register more than the number of Entries allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Administrator’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Honolulu (“Location”) including two (2) round trip First Class airfare on Hawaiian Airlines (“Airfare”) from a North America Hawaiian Airlines gateway city, a four (4) night accommodations for two (2) at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach (“Hotel”) in an Ocean View Category Room, and two (2) priority access tickets to Hawaii Food & Wine Festival’s Kanpai! event on Thursday, October 14, 2021 (“Event”) (collectively “Prize”). If the Grand Prize Winner does not live near a Hawaiian Airlines gateway, it will be the responsibility (including costs) of the Grand Prize Winner to get to a Hawaiian Airlines gateway city. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $10,050 USD, depending on location of winner and fares at time of departure. If the Grand Prize Winner is a Hawaii resident, Grand Prize Winner will receive 240,000 HawaiianMiles in lieu of the Airfare, deposited to their HawaiianMiles account and the option to book Hotel stay through July 22, 2022. Resort amenity fees, meals, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and incidental charges are not included. Blackout dates for Hotel are December 20, 2021-January 2, 2022; additional blackout dates may apply. Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or replaced and has no cash value whatsoever. Other restrictions and fees may apply. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor and/or its designated agent. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by winners or cash equivalent is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Event tickets are not for sale. Winner and guest must comply with any security procedure or measures imposed by the Event and/or its representatives who reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend or cancel the participation of any winner or guest due to non-compliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct. If Event is canceled, postponed or has occurred (or a portion of the Event has occurred) prior to or after verification/confirmation of the winner, or Event portion of prize cannot be fulfilled due to circumstances out of the Sponsor’s control, such as but not limited to having a confirmed Winner, or if the Winner cannot travel to Event after travel arrangements have been made and paid, or if travel or other delays prevent the Winner from attending the entire or portion of the Event, the Sponsor will award the Prize minus the unavailable Event portion without further compensation to the Winner. If it is the case that the entire Event is unavailable for any reason, the Prize trip must be taken within twelve (12) months of notification date. All fees, federal, state, local or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Taxes are the responsibility of the Winner. An IRS form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Winner for the retail value of the prize. Odds of winning depend on eligible Entry received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- RANDOM DRAWING: Winner will be determined in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during Sweepstakes Period by Administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or mail (“Notification”) on or about July 22, 2021 by Administrator. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, “Release”) within five (5) days of date specified on notification. If a potential prize winner does not acknowledge receiving the notification within 48 hours of its dispatch, or does not return the executed Release within five (5) days, or if said e-mail and/or mail is returned as undeliverable, or if an entrant is otherwise found to be ineligible, or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason, the potential prize winner will forfeit the Prize and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event the potential prize winner cannot accept any portion of the Prize, the Sponsor, in agreement with the selected winner, may award portions of the Prize to the selected winner, and the unawarded portion(s) of the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety by the selected winner. If Sponsor and the potential prize winner cannot agree on the portion of the Prize to be awarded, the selected winner will forfeit the Prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate winner, if any. Winner and his or her travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid passport and/or visa, health and safety records, etc.) prior to travel. Winner’s travel companion will also be required to sign a Release prior to travel. Travel companion must be 21 years of age or over. Advance booking, certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Entry and acceptance of Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, prize won, hometown and likeness for online posting and promotional purposes without further compensation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (vi) the creation of an entry including any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or defamation; (vii) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the contest or participation in any contest or related activity.
- PRIVACY: By entering, the information entrants provide will not be sold or shared with Sponsor partners or any 3rd party, but Winner’s email addresses may be included in Sponsor mailing lists to receive periodic email newsletter updates.
- WINNER’S NAME REQUEST: To obtain a copy of the winner’s names (available after August 1, 2021), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Hawaii Food & Wine Festival, c/o HA Sweepstakes, 3538 Waialae Ave. #202, Honolulu, HI 96816. Requests must be received no later than August 1, 2021.