Six (6) finalists will be notified via email no later than October 5, 2023.
Submit your original recipe by September 22, 2023 for a chance to win:
First Place – $150 cash gift card
Second Place – $100 cash gift card
Third Place – $50 cash gift card
First Place – $300 cash scholarship
Second Place – $200 cash scholarship
Third Place – $100 cash scholarship
The Hawaii Gas Presents Localicious® Recipe Contest is a fun cooking competition for kids to show off their talents in the kitchen and inspire them to support local farmers and producers! All participants will be asked to submit an original recipe of a school lunch meal they would like to see in their school cafeteria. A culinary judge will review the recipes to select the top three (3) submissions from two grade categories: Grades 4-8 and 9-12.
The top three finalists in each age category will be invited to prepare their dish LIVE in front of an audience and present their dish for tasting and scoring by three judges at Hawaii Food & Wine Festival’s Hawaii Gas Presents Localicious® Recipe Contest Cookoff event in Honolulu, Hawaii. Winners will be announced at the live cookoff event on October 29, 2023 at Bishop Museum.
Theme: What school lunch meal would you like to see in your school cafeteria?
- Recipe must include one locally-grown, raised or caught ingredient
- Dish must be an ORIGINAL recipe — we want your own creative dish, not one from a published source
- Dish must be SIMPLE — maximum of 10 ingredients and 10 steps
- Be HEALTHY — additional points will be awarded for use of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and/or lean proteins
- Be DELICIOUS — keep it fresh, simple and yummy
- Be AFFORDABLE — no fancy ingredients needed
- Be MEANINGFUL — tell us why you would want this as a school lunch meal
- You must submit a high-resolution photo of your completed dish
Entries will be accepted through the online submission form below between August 21 – September 22, 2023. Limit one (1) entry per person.
Submission form can be downloaded HERE and:
- Emailed to [email protected] by September 22, 2023, 11:59 PM HST.
- Mailed to (must be received by September 22, 2023)
Hawaii Food and Wine Festival
Localicious Recipe Contest
3538 Waialae Ave. #202
Honolulu, HI 96816
Hawaii Food & Wine Festival recognizes the use of diacritical markings in the modern orthography of Hawaiian language including the ‘okina [‘] or glottal stop, and the kahakō [ā] or macron. However, in order to ensure the best online experience visitors to our website, these markings may be omitted throughout our site. We thank you for your understanding.