Talk Story & Pau Hana with #HFWF: Restaurant Trends 2021 – Reimagining the Restaurant Experience
Thursday, March 4, 2021
3:30 P.M. HST / 5:30 P.M. PST / 6:30 P.M. MST / 7:30 P.M. CST / 8:30 P.M. EST
After nearly a year of quarantine, government-mandated restaurant closures, enhanced sanitization practices, employment struggles, and social distancing, what will the restaurant experience look like in 2021?
The hospitality industry has faced its greatest challenges with the COVID-19 pandemic. While many restaurants have closed and others are on the brink of survival, what will the new experience be for diners? How will hospitality adjust with table distancing, plexiglass screens, masks, contact tracing and temperature checks, along with recommended limits on server interaction? Is fine dining still an option? How do restaurants acclimate to the “new normal” and continue to deliver the memorable experiences like they did pre-coronavirus? Hear what the experts have to say about what the food, beverage and hospitality industries will look like in 2021.
Then, it’s time for pau hana as you sip on wines curated by Ste. Michelle Wine Estates. Pick up a bottle of the award-winning varietals at your local market including Fujioka’s Wine TIMES, specially curated for our #HFWF audience and sip throughout the Talk Story.
Featured Wines for Virtual Wine Tastings with Ste. Michelle Wine Estates:
- 2019 Tormaresca ‘Calafuria’ Rose, Puglia, Italy (~$20)
- 2017 Intrinsic Red Blend, Columbia Valley, Washington (~$25)
- 2017 Patz & Hall Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast, California (~$40)
- Your event access of $10 per ticket is a contribution to the Kokua Ag & Culinary Fund, a program of the Hawaii Ag & Culinary Alliance, which supports the agricultural, culinary and hospitality industries in Hawaii.
- Ticket price is inclusive of taxes, fees and gratuity.
- All ages welcome; if you plan on sipping along during the Pau Hana portion, you must be 21 or older to enjoy.
- All sales are final. All events, prices, performances, venues, dates and times are subject to change without notice. Should the event(s) be cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances, including COVID-19, HFWF will offer a range options, including ticket exchanges, option to donate tickets or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail and receipt from firstname.lastname@example.org following your purchase, in that email confirmation will include the Zoom Webinar link and directions. Prior to class, we encourage you to purchase the featured wine to sip during the pau hana for a more enjoyable experience.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Featuring Dr. Tim Ryan, Chris Kajioka, Michael Mina, Betty Shimabukuro and Young Yun