Keiki in the Kitchen Kaanapali
This year, the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival’s popular Keiki in the Kitchen event makes its Maui debut in Kaanapali. Headlining the free event is YouTube baking star Rosanna Pansino, known for her series Nerdy Nummies. Come out and play at Whalers Village Lower Level Courtyard for a day packed with food and fun at Keiki in the Kitchen Kaanapali. We have an array of activities the whole family can enjoy!
FREE admission with pre-registration sign up, $5 admission fee at the door.
- Cupcake decorating with Rosanna Pansino: Keiki can turn cupcakes into unicorns using Rosanna Pansino’s decorating kit. NOTE: Cupcake decorating activity is limited to the first 120 kids to arrive at Keiki in the Kitchen Kaanapali. Signing up for the event does not confirm your child’s participation in the cupcake decorating activity—you must physically check-in.
- Meet famous chefs: HFWF18’s world-class chefs will be present to sign autographs and take photos.
- Know your tomato: Taste test variety of different tomatoes grown on J. Tex Farms in Kula, Maui by farmer Justin Teixeira.
- Make-your-own grab-and-go snack with Monkeypod Kitchen: The popular restaurant will have a station where kids can assemble their own cool snacks.
- Screen printing with Crazy Shirts: Kids can learn how to screen designs with the popular t-shirt company.
- Film screening the night before: On Saturday, October 20, Whalers Village will host a free screening 15 minutes after sunset, of the animated film Ratatouille, about a great Parisian chef who happens to be a rat. (Subject to weather conditions specific to high wind and rain.)