Kamehameha Schools Presents Talk Story & Pau Hana with #HFWF: Rediscovering the ‘Ai in ‘Āina, Food & Our Environment
Thursday, May 20, 2021
5:30 P.M. HST / 8:30 P.M. PT / 11:30 P.M. ET
What is your foodprint? Everything we eat has an impact on Mother Earth. Whether it’s a salad, steak or filet of fish your meal has an impact on our environment. And, your foodprint is the result of what it takes to get your food from the farm to your plate.
The choices we make at every meal affect our environment, and these impacts of food are often overlooked. Our modern global food supply chain has implications for transportation, energy, labor and water – all of which contribute to the carbon footprint we leave behind. How do we balance the world’s hunger for diverse foods while reducing climate change, preserving our precious ocean resources, and saving our environment?
As we demand greater social and environmental responsibility from our public and private sectors, are we demanding the same of ourselves and our consumption habits? Explore ways in which we can be more aware about the foodprint we leave behind every time we eat.
Join HFWF as we rediscover the ‘ai in ‘āina. Seth Goldman, founder and Chief Change Agent of Eat the Change, along with other thought leaders, discuss ways in which we can reduce our foodprint. Hear from those who are fighting to preserve Earth’s natural resources and environment by creating sustainable food products, rediscovering regenerative agricultural practices, preserving our natural resources, and educating our community.
Pau hana with Kona Brewing Hawaii featuring Kona Spiked Island Seltzers. Hear about their soon-to-open 30,000 square foot brewery which will be one of the most sustainable breweries in the world. Using eco-friendly brewing technology, the brewery will decrease its carbon footprint and impacts to the environment. Kona Spiked Island Seltzers Variety Pack can be found at your local market, including Foodland Super Market.
Featured Kona Spiked Island Seltzer flavors:
- Tropical Punch
- Starfruit Lime
- Strawberry Guava
- Passion Orange Guava
- Registered participants will receive 50% off Eat the Change Mushroom Jerky Variety Pack.
- Your event access of $10 per ticket is a contribution to the Kokua Ag & Culinary Fund, a program of the Hawaii Ag & Culinary Alliance, which supports the agricultural, culinary and hospitality industries in Hawaii.
- Ticket price is inclusive of taxes, fees and gratuity.
- All ages welcome; if you plan on sipping along during the Pau Hana portion, you must be 21 or older to enjoy.
- All sales are final. All events, prices, performances, venues, dates and times are subject to change without notice. Should the event(s) be cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances, including COVID-19, HFWF will offer a range options, including ticket exchanges, option to donate tickets or a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail and receipt from email@example.com following your purchase, in that email confirmation will include the Zoom Webinar link and directions. Prior to class, we encourage you to purchase the featured wine to sip during the pau hana for a more enjoyable experience.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Featuring Seth Goldman, Derek Kurisu, Spike Mendelsohn and Krisha Zane