HMAA Presents Keiki in the Kitchen® with Chef Roy Yamaguchi
November 6, 2022
11:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
The BARN at the SALT at Our Kakaako
What better way to celebrate National Nacho Day on November 6 than learning to put a local twist on everyone’s favorite snack, poke nachos! Join celebrity chef Roy Yamaguchi for a LIVE demonstration and cooking class created just for keiki in the BARN at SALT at Our Kakaako. Your young aspiring chefs will learn how to assemble Chef Roy’s favorite poke nachos from start to finish, as well as expert tips and tricks for cooking at home. They’ll receive everything they need to succeed in the kitchen, from the best ingredients—including fresh fish provided by Tropic Fish Hawaii—to supplies, tools and more. If your keiki loves to watch Master Chef Junior, don’t wait to sign them up for the chance to learn from a pro! Space is limited.
MALAMA AINA PARTNER
Spend the day learning about Heeia Fishpond’s rich history, unique aquaculture, marine species and significance to the local community. Support with preservation efforts by redistributing rock and coral, placing floating barges, removing trash, invasive mangrove and limu (seaweed) and helping to reconstruct the kuapa (fishpond wall).
Malama Aina experiences are limited and are available only to ticket purchasers of this event. More information will be sent once tickets are purchased.
HOW IT WORKS
- Open to children ages five (5) and up and must be able to participate without the assistance of an adult
- Due to space, parents will not be allowed in the demonstration area with their child(ren). All parents will be able to observe from the waiting area.
- Each ticket includes Chef Roy Yamaguchi’s poke kit with local ingredients and fresh fish from Tropic Fish Hawaii, and necessary tools to create the best poke nachos
November 6, 2022
11:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
The BARN at SALT at Our Kakaako
ABOUT THE EVENT
- Ticket includes all food and drinks at event, and inclusive of taxes, fees and gratuity
- Open to keiki ages five (5) and up
- All sales are final. All events, prices, performances, venues, dates and times are subject to change without notice
- Please refer to FAQ for more information
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES
Updated September 16, 2021
The safety of our attendees and participants is our number one priority. In accordance with ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach’s Health & Safety policies, ALL employees, guests and patrons – including HFWF21 attendees – will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to attend the event. NEGATIVE COVID-19 TESTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Ticket holders will receive instructions on how to submit documentation and further information on health and safety measures can be found on our FAQ page, or by contacting email@example.com.
By attending HFWF21:
- You acknowledge that you (and all ticketed attendees) will comply with all HFWF Health & Safety Protocols once determined by government mandate at time of HFWF21, including but not limited to face mask requirements, health screening and questionnaire, proof of negative COVID-19 test or vaccine card
- You (and all ticketed attendees) acknowledge that by attending HFWF21, you will be subject to HFWF Health & Safety Protocols. HFWF reserves the right to refuse entry or remove an individual from an event if any such protocols are breached
Hawaii Food & Wine Festival is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization. All proceeds from the Twelfth Annual Hawaii Food & Wine Festival benefit the Festival which supports the agricultural, culinary and hospitality industries in Hawaii.
To make a donation, please click HERE.