Official Contest Rules for the HAWAII GAS LOCALICIOUS RECIPE CONTEST
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF HAWAI‘I WHO ARE IN GRADES 4-12 AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY AND THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD BETWEEN GRADES 4-12 THAT IS ALSO A LEGAL RESIDENT OF HAWAI‘I.
By entering the "Hawaii Gas Localicious Recipe Contest” (the "Promotion"), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at the Sponsor’s (“Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival” or “HFWF”) discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins 12:00 AM HST 8/1/17 and ends 11:59 PM HST 9/30/17 ("PROMOTION PERIOD"). Email entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period. Mail in entries must be postmarked by the end of the Promotion Period and received no later than four (4) days later.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is only open to legal residents of Hawai‘i who are in grades 4-12 as of the date of entry and the parent or legal guardian of a child between grades 4-12 that is also a legal residents of Hawai‘i. The judges, and officers, directors, members, and employees of the HFWF, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household as such individuals, are not eligible. This Promotion is void outside Hawai‘i and where otherwise prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two ways to enter: 1) Visit www.hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com/recipecontest and follow the instructions to complete and email the entry form to Contest@hawaiifoodandwinefestival.com or 2) print out from the website or otherwise obtain a paper version of the official entry form, and mail it to Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival, Hawaii Gas Localicious Recipe Contest, 3538 Waialae Ave., #203, Honolulu, HI 96816.
Regardless of your method of entry, you must include: (a) the title of a recipe; incorporating and featuring at least one fresh locally-grown or locally-raised ingredient, (b) brief description giving some details about the recipe (e.g., how did you come up with it? What is your inspiration?), (c) ingredient list with ingredients in exact common U.S. household measurements in order of use (all ingredients must be commonly available at local retailers), (d) step-by-step preparation instructions, including cooking times, (e) the number of servings the recipe will make; and (f) a photograph of the completed dish. All text, photographs, images, illustrations, drawings, and other content and materials submitted by entrants, including without limitation, the items described in subsections (a) - (f) above, shall be referred to hereafter as the "Submission”.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. There will be two rounds of judging. A chef participating in the Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival will conduct a preliminary round selecting the top three recipe submissions in each of the two categories. Three selected chefs will conduct the second round of judging, which includes Entrants preparing and presenting their dishes for tasting and judging by the chefs at the Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival’s Keiki in the Kitchen event on Sunday, November 5, 2017 at Bishop Museum in Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
In the initial round, judges will review and score all Submissions based on the following criteria: 50% healthy nutritional value of the recipe; 25% perceived taste; 15% creativity and originality; 5% affordability and 5% the story behind your recipe. Up to three (3) entries from each age category with the highest overall scores will be declared finalists.
The finalists' recipes will then be prepared live at the Keiki in the Kitchen event, and the panel of judges will then judge finalists' submissions based on the same criteria set forth above, but now considering the results of the recipe preparation. One entry from each category with the highest overall score will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in the nutrition criteria will prevail. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting a minimum threshold of quality in one or both of the grade level categories, in HFWF's sole reasonable discretion, are received, HFWF reserves the right to declare no winner and thereby not award any prize for such category.
Winners will be announced on November 5, 2017 at the Keiki in the Kitchen event.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be two (2) first place winners, one in each grade level category, with the exception that in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries that met a minimum threshold of quality, in HFWF's sole reasonable discretion, are received from one or both categories, HFWF reserves the right to declare no winner and thereby not award any prize for such age category.
The first place prize for Grades 9-12 is a Two-night stay at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii and a $500 cash scholarship. The approximate retail value of the prize package is $1,714 USD. The Aulani gift certificate will expire one year from issue and it cannot be combined with any other Disney offers. Applicable taxes, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included.
The first place prize for Grades 4-8 is a Two-night stay at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii. The approximate retail value of the prize package is $1,214 USD. The Aulani gift certificate will expire one year from issue and it cannot be combined with any other Disney offers. Applicable taxes, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging (e.g., mini-bar, movies), telephone calls, gratuities, incidentals, and all other expenses are not included.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the HFWF and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant's irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the entrant's name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to the creation of an electronic book that includes recipes and other materials submitted by entrants along with editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the HFWF and/or others authorized by the HFWF, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. HFWF and/or others authorized by the HFWF shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by HFWF, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant on their own behalf and behalf of their children, and their heirs, executors, successors, and assigns, release and discharge the HFWFs, judging organization(s), prize provider(s), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, licensees, insurers, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "HFWF Entities"), from any and all liability, injuries, losses, damages, claims, demands, actions, costs and expenses of any nature (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) in connection with this Promotion or my acceptance and use of the prize, including but not limited to any travel, accommodations, food, products, and activities that may be associated with the prize (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of each entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information (taken from any source including photographs and videos taken at Promotion-related events) and his/her Submission for any purpose related to the Promotion, including but not limited to the creation of an electronic book that includes recipes and other materials submitted by entrants along with editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the HFWF and/or others authorized by the HFWF; and (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the HFWF Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize. If a winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) HFWF is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at HFWF's servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) HFWF, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of HFWF. (iii) HFWF further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) HFWF Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will HFWF be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), HFWF, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) HFWF ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HFWF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent HFWF's good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by HFWF are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
11. WINNER LIST. Winners will be posted on the Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival website following the Hawaii Gas Localicious Recipe Contest.
12 PARTICIPATING ENTITIES. This Promotion is administered by Hawai‘i Food & Wine Festival, 3538 Waialae Ave., #203, Honolulu, HI 96816.